If you are in one of our affordable rented homes and looking to move there are two ways of doing this.
If you are an assured tenant you can exchange your home with any of the following residents:
- an assured tenant who lives in one of our properties;
- an assured tenant of another housing association;
- a secure tenant of a local authority.
Before agreeing to swap make sure you’re satisfied with the condition and decoration of the home – properties are taken as seen. Some things to look out for include
- any damage or outstanding repairs that will become your responsibility. If repairs are needed, check if they will be carried out.
- Agree on any fixtures that will be taken or any items left behind
- Make sure you can afford the new rent and the moving expenses.
Once you have found someone to exchange with please download and complete our Mutual Exchange application form. Alternatively you can ask your neighbourhood housing officer or our customer service advisers for a copy.
If the swap involves another landlord then permission must be given by both before an exchange date can be agreed – so please ensure your rent account is up to date.
Transfers are available to existing Worthing Homes residents who are renting from us and need to move to another home. This will normally be due to changed family circumstances, which means your present home may not meet your needs, or may no longer suit you for medical reasons.
In order to transfer to another home you will need to be registered on the transfer register in your area and / or the area you wish to move to so that you can bid for properties with Homemove which is the Choice Based Lettings scheme for Sussex.
To register with the local authority, please visit their respective website: