Right to Acquire gives most eligible tenants of Registered Providers the opportunity to buy the home they rent, and you may be eligible if you have spent a total of 3 years as a public sector tenant.
You may also be eligible if:
- You don’t live in sheltered housing or housing designed/suitable for elderly or disabled persons
- Your home is not due for demolition
- You don’t have any legal problems with debt
- You don’t have any outstanding possession orders against your home
On the above links you will find information about:
- Whether you may eligible?
- Whether your property is a qualifying property (not exempt)?
- The current discount for your area
- Things to consider?
- How to take the next steps if you decide to apply (completing your application)
- Process once you have submitted the application, time frames and your rights (such as the offer, challenging the valuation, going forward with the purchase)
- Selling or transferring your home later on (e.g. repaying some or all of discount if selling within 1st 5 years and conditions for selling within first 10 years).