We signed up to the new Respect – ASB Charter for Housing on 20 June 2012 to reaffirm our commitment to provide a high quality ASB service.
In June 2011 the new Respect – ASB Charter for Housing was launched. The sector-owned Respect – ASB Charter for Housing replaces the Respect Standard for Housing Management.
The Respect – ASB Charter for Housing is voluntary for landlords to adopt and is built around seven core commitments which are outcome focused. In signing up to the charter we are making a commitment to providing high quality ASB services to deal with and prevent anti-social behaviour and create a society of respect.
The seven commitments are:
- demonstrating leadership and strategic commitment;
- providing an accessible and accountable service;
- taking swift action to protect communities;
- adopting a supportive approach to working with victims and witnesses;
- encouraging individual and community responsibility;
- having a clear focus on prevention and early intervention;
- ensuring a value for money approach is embedded in the service.
For more information on the Respect Charter, please visit the CIH website.