Whether you’re passionate about a particular issue in your community, would like to develop a particular skill or you’d just like to try something new, there’s a volunteer opportunity for you. Volunteer roles are as varied as the people who live in our community. What would you like to be part of?
- Cooking sessions
- Large community events- picnics, fun days, play streets
- Homework clubs
If you would like to set up a new project, the team can support you to do that too. See our get involved page for more info.
Benefits of volunteering
- Volunteering is a practical way to improve your community- doing good, feels good!
- Improve your confidence
- Try new things
- Gain new skills
- Meet great people and enjoy socials with fellow volunteers
- Get to know your community from a different perspective
- Roles are flexible to your lifestyle and other commitments
- Regular support and coaching from volunteer team
- Access a wide variety of useful training
- Reasonable travel expenses
- Working reference available after 3 months in the role
For more information please click on the links below: