All communal areas at our properties are the legal responsibility of us, Worthing Homes.
We therefore ask for your assistance to help keep all areas clean, tidy and free of hazards as per our leaflet below:
You must also ensure that all communal doors are not blocked and can / or are closed in case of fire.
Internal doors are also not to be removed as these can make a huge difference in the event of a fire
Please note that our clear communal area policy also applies to external areas such as:
Communal gardens: –
Fixed play equipment
Every spring we will have a dedicated page on barbecue safety in our Home News but please see the basics of barbecue safety below:
- Barbecues must not be stored or used on balconies
- Barbecues are never left unattended once lit or whilst cooling.
- Make sure your barbecue is well away from sheds, fences, trees, shrubs or garden waste.
- Store gas cylinders away from direct sunlight and frost.
- Barbecues and cylinders must be put away after use, once they are cold to the touch, and not left in the communal garden.
Every Autumn we will have a dedicated page in Home News as to the use of fireworks, but please note:
- Fireworks are not permitted on any of our communal land or on balconies
- You may have fireworks where you have a private garden but you must ensure you only use fireworks for your size garden
- Do not use near any trees, fences or sheds; and please be aware of any power sources nearby
We ask that you inform us of any issues you feel may pose a risk to the users of the garden to ensure that we can make it safe. For example:
- Broken manhole covers
- Damaged furniture (that has been provided by Worthing Homes)
- Loose or raised paving stones that someone could trip on
You can do this by reporting a repair online