In March, the board signed off our five year corporate plan – Worthing Homes 2020 which you can read here Corporate Plan 2015 – 2020.
The plan sets out an ambitious programme of change for the organisation particularly in the way that we work, deliver services, engage in community development and become involved with our residents. As part of these changes, we are looking to maximize the use of new technology which should allow the
organisation to be more flexible and adaptable and allow you our residents to access our services in a way that suits you – whether face to face in the office or at home, over the phone, email, text, via the web, through Apps on your smartphone or tablet, Facebook or twitter.
In order to deliver the objectives within the plan and to meet the challenges following the government budget announcement in July particularly concerning 1% rent reduction per year for the next four years (this reduces our income by 10%), we embarked on an exciting organisational restructure that will:
1. Deliver an excellent customer experience and to allow for customer services to be delivered out in the communities where our customers live, through the creation of three neighbourhood teams.
2. Improve our knowledge of our customers and to use this information pro-actively in the design of our service delivery and in the provision of new homes and regeneration areas.
3. Improve our knowledge of the stock that we own and how this is being maintained and looked after by ourselves and our customers.
4. Develop as a modern employer that offers our employees a great place to work, personal development and, where possible, career opportunities.
5. Reduce the size of the executive and senior leadership team to improve strategic decision making.
6. Introduce new ways of working with decision making made at point of service delivery, along with accountability and ownership.
7. Embed clear accountabilities and a culture of monitoring performance standards.
8. Reduce costs and maximise our income.
As a result of this change we have now set up three neighbourhood teams, with each team comprising of a housing officer, surveyor and an income recovery officer. Details of the team looking after each area are detailed in the table below, or you can use our online tools section to find the names of your housing officer and income recovery officer.