The Business Council for Sustainable Development defines Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as:
The continuing commitment by business to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as of the local community and society at large.
As a fundamental part of the local community we operate in, we are committed to giving something back to the wider community in which we operate and take an approach which attempts to reduce any negative effect we have on the local environment.
We are therefore focused on not only providing good quality affordable homes but endeavour to incorporate social and environmental considerations in our decision making process.
We do this by:
- Investing in community development projects through our Community Development Team.
- Actively assessing the environmental impact of our work and trying where possible to reduce our carbon footprint through embracing new technology and more environmentally aware policies and practices.
- Encouraging builders and suppliers to work ethically giving something back and contribute to our Sustainability Strategy.
- Providing Financial Inclusion services ensuring that potential residents can afford their new property and that residents have applied for all the benefits they are eligible for.
- Giving something back to the community by employees volunteering their time and effort through identified neighbourhood initiatives to enhance the local wider community.
For more information on our corporate social responsibility please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01903 703 100