Your home

Accessing the scheme

To bid you must be a member of Homemove, which means you must have registered on the transfer or housing register in your area.

To do this you need to contact the relevant Local Authority and complete their application form.

How will my application be assessed?

Applications are placed into one of four bands. These bands show the priority you have for housing. The council will send you a letter telling you your banding and an information pack giving you details of how to bid for properties.

What are the Bands?

Band A: an urgent need to move.
Band B: a high priority to move.
Band C: an identified housing need.
Band D: an interest in affordable housing but no other housing need.

What band will I be in?

If you do not agree with the band you have been placed in you can appeal in writing. (We will be asked to check the banding of anyone who is already a resident of Worthing Homes).

What if I am homeless?

As long as you have an ‘active’ application on the Council’s Housing Register, you can bid for properties but please ensure that the Council is fully aware of your situation and how to contact you.