Looking for a home
Please click on the type of service you are looking for:
Sheltered housing is accommodation designed especially for vulnerable and older people. Each home is self-contained, with your own front door, so that you can enjoy your independence, knowing that help is always available should you need it.
We have a range of specially designed rented accommodation for people requiring support to help maintain maximum independence and control of their lives. These homes are ideal for older people who no longer feel happy or comfortable living alone and are looking for security or the companionship of like-minded people. Sheltered housing is not for people who need full time residential or nursing care.
There is no upper age limit for people seeking sheltered housing, and we can consider applicants younger than sixty if they need the service that sheltered housing provides.
To apply for sheltered housing you need to register with your local council, please see links below:
What does sheltered housing provide?
There are some variations between our schemes but they usually provide:
- Flats or studio flats in good decorative order with fitted kitchens.
- Each flat has a 24-hour emergency alarm that connects to a call centre or support co-ordinator.
- Communal laundry for tenants to use if they wish.
- Communal lounge in which to enjoy a variety of social activities such as coffee mornings, bingo, afternoon teas and parties.
- A communal lounge which has free Wi-Fi.
- A guest room where family and friends may stay whilst visiting.
- Gardens where residents may sit and relax, do a bit of gardening themselves if they wish or just sit and chat to passers-by.
What are the benefits of sheltered housing?
- A home for life wherever possible.
- Your own front door.
- Good quality housing.
- Peace of mind with help on hand.
- Company when wanted.
- Remaining part of the community.