In the community
Football in the community
Regular fully-funded football sessions, in association with Albion in the Community, have been established across Sussex during the evenings. These provide young people (ages 12+) the opportunity to participate in regular physical exercise and learn new skills.
In addition to the football skills learned by the young people the scheme works to:
- assist in tackling anti-social behaviour;
- promote valuable life skills such as teamwork, respect and discipline;
- promote community involvement;
- highlight the dangers of smoking, drug’s misuse including alcohol;
- promote the benefits of regular exercise and healthy diet.
The project also works with young adults (ages 12+) in target areas, by giving them the opportunity to gain accreditation on the Level 1 Certificate in Football Coaching. This in turn provides coaching employment opportunities within the Community Scheme.
It does not matter how good you are, the aim is to have a great time, make friends, improve your skills and have fun!
All activities are free to Worthing Homes residents but most are free to all. Please see the table below for session days, times and venues:
Contact the Resident involvement team
Fields marked with a * are required